4 short plane rides, one giant leap for Tina

The time for waiting is over! Now I get the opportunity to actually put into practice what I've been going to school for. For the past 4 months I have been patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) waiting. I've been waiting to hear where in the world I'll be sent to volunteer for one year as part of a scholarship program for recent graduates of LLU. Finally last month the country was decided: Honduras. It seems that God has a sense of humor. I contacted Honduras in September, while I was still in Sao Tome and Principe, and they were very willing to have me volunteer at their hospital. I, on the other hand, was not as convinced and decided to keep looking. Five long months later, Honduras is approved and I am very happy. I don't know much about what awaits me, and strangely, that's just fine by me. It's probably better that way. What I do know is that I'll be working at Hospital Adventista Valle de Angeles (HAVA)creating a public health program. I leave March 10 on a very complicated flight schedule, I hope my luggage doesn't get lost. How are you supposed to anticipate everything you'll need to pack for the next year of your life? Stay tuned for more updates on what is sure to be a life-changing year.

Quote for today:
"We live by faith and not by sight." Apostle Paul, 2 Corinthians 5:7

Comments

Popular Posts